Happiness Day Competition Terms and Conditions
1. This promotion is open to residents of the UK aged 18 or over except employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or anyone professionally connected with the promotion.
2. To enter, visit www.twitter.com/wall's, comment on the competition thread with your happiest memory from the past year and tag someone else to do the same.
3. The opening date for entries is 12pm GMT on 20/03/2021 and the closing date for the receipt of entries is 5pm GMT on 22/03/2021.
4. No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete or corrupted entries will be accepted. Entries will only be accepted if they comply with all entry instructions.
5. Each entry:
a. must be suitable for display and publication online and should not be obscene or indecent (including but not limited to nudity, pornography or profanity), it must not contain defamatory statements or words or symbols that are offensive either generally or to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group. It must not include threats to any person, place, business or group, it must not invade privacy or other rights of any person, firm or entity, and it must not in any other way violate applicable laws and regulations or network standards;
b. must be the entrant’s own work and must not contain any copyright protected works (other than as owned by the entrant).
6. By participating in this promotion, you agree to release, discharge and hold us harmless from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind resulting from your participation in this promotion (save that nothing shall limit our liability for fraud, or for death or personal injury caused by our negligence).
7. By submitting your entry, you grant us a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable licence to use, reproduce, distribute, and make derivative works of your entry in any media and through any media channel.
8. Responsibility is not accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
9. There are three “ice cream van experiences” to be won in total. Each experience includes transportation to and from the “happy place” UK mainland location, 3 hours of use and redemption of stock up to £500.
10. At all times, the prize is subject to availability and can only be redeemed subject to UK Government regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19. In any case, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for an alternative of equal or greater value at any time and at its sole discretion.
11. Three winners will be chosen by our panel based on the strength of their entry. The best 3 entries in the opinion of our panel will win a prize. The criteria for selection is the best “happiestiest memory”ies from the past year in the opinion of our panel. In the event of any tie the prize will be awarded to the first entry received. In the event of any dispute, the decision of the Promoter is final. No correspondence will be entered into.. In the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for an alternative of equal or greater value. No correspondence will be entered into.
12. The winners will be notified on Twitter from Wall’s ice cream within 7 days of the closing date of the competition. The the competition closing. The winners must claim their prize by responding to the direct message confirming their full name and address within 5 days of the notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with the promotion rules.
13. The winners’ details (name and county) may be made available on request to those writing to Unilever UK Limited FAO Wall’s at Unilever House, Springfield Drive, Leatherhead, KT22 7GR within ten weeks after the closing date, enclosing a stamped SAE.
14. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter. Entrants are providing information to the Promoter and not to Twitter. Entrants release Facebook for all claims and liabilities arising in respect of the promotion.
16. All entry instructions form part of the rules.
17. These terms and conditions and any issues or disputes which may arise out of or in connection with these terms and conditions (whether such disputes or issues are contractual or non-contractual in nature, such as claims in tort, for breach of statute or regulation or otherwise) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Entrants hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts to settle any such dispute or issues.
Promoter and Data Controller: Unilever UK Limited, Unilever House, Springfield Drive, Leatherhead, Surrey, KT22 7GR (please do not send entries to this address).